Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I must watch my show!

I went home this past Thanksgiving excited about catching up on some television. One particular show that I was anxious to watch was Degrassi which airs on The N. My excitement turned to disappointment when I found out that my parents decided to cancel digital cable. So now they have no listings at the press of a button, and there is a significant number of less channels that they receive. How will I live? Well honestly, I don't go home enough to care about the fact that they have digital cable or not, but it is rather sad that I will miss Degrassi. Fortunately nowadays there are plenty of other ways that I could try to catch episodes of my favorite shows. DVD sales for televisions series have skyrocketed in the past years. With at least 74 releases of television series seasons on DVD just for the month of November according to TVShowsOnDVD.com, there is no wonder that giving shows on DVD will be on of the gifts to give for the holidays. Purchasing seasons on DVD is great, but I have seen all the old episodes of Degrassi that have been released. So instead I have turned to downloading new episodes from the iTunes store. It costs $2 to download an episode of a show that one could view either on their computer or their iPod. iTunes also has an option of ordering the series seasons at a time which ranges about $30 to $40 for the season, and when each new episode comes out it automatically begins to download on your computer. I guess I could say it is a convenient alternative to watching television for the fact that I can watch it at my leisure. Which brings me to my point television nowadays is all about watching it at your leisure on your own time. With options like TiVo, iTunes, and television series on DVD's there is no need to surround your fast paced life around watching your few select television shows that you can't miss. Unfortunately for me I don't have TiVo, and iTunes doesn't have Girlfriends on it yet, but when the day comes, I will finally be able to go out on my Monday nights instead of surrounding it around the fact that I must be in my apartment so that I could watch the latest episode of Girlfriends. When the day comes that I could watch Girlfriends at my leisure, I will be truly satisfied.

1 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your not missing much with the new season of Degrassi. I was obsessed with that show but this new season is not great. There is a myspace group where you can download all the new episodes at tho.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home