I'll pass on the radio please
I've never been too fond of talk radio. The closest thing that I will get to them is Big Boy's
Neighborhood on Los Angeles' Power 106(the dj's from the show are pictured on the right). In fact the only time I'd ever really listened to the radio was in the morning for Big Boy's show. With that in mind I don't know too much about Howard Stern. But I have watched his television show before when it used to come on E! (Entertainment Television). I must say I thought it was pretty tasteless. I remember him having alot of porn stars and dancers on his shows and he was always asking them to show him their breasts. Which leaves me with a
pretty poor opinion of Howard Stern. As far as the whole radio thing goes, I think he should understand with being on public radio there are alot of regulations that need to be followed and thats part of the job. His decision to switch to subscription radio was interesting to me because subscription radio is still not that big of a trend. So his suprise about having less listeners is confusing to me because I only know one person who has subscription radio. Personally I think subscription radio, like XM or Sirus, is pointless. I barely listen to the regular radio actually. Apple's iPods have really changed technology and the world's music consumption. It seems as if Apple is making a killing with their iPods and alot of other music mediums are losing consumers. CD sales and the number of radio listeners seems to have decreased as the popularity of iPods grows. People are beginning to understand this and are slowly moving to the world of iPods. Podcasts and mp3s are where it's at now so we should all make our move in that direction.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home