Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Space vs. The Face

Easily said our whole class knows about MySpace. Practically all of us have an account. I've been a myspace user for about a year and half now and I must say its kinda getting old. What used to be cool is now over used and tired. Going on MySpace gets irritating when everytime you have an alert saying new messages, its from some strange person you've never met before or some scam about come check out my music page. It takes forever to load peoples pages and every time I see a new bulletin its about some new tracking device so you can see who visits your page. So basically I'm over it. Of course I still have my account because its like a bad habit that I can't shake. A lot of my friends are still in the last millennium with their myspaces so I still have mine so that I can keep contact with them, but I have moved on to something new. That something is Facebook. I've had my facebook account for over a year now and I normally only check it every once in a while since practically nobody at SJSU has a page. But slowly its growing and its slowly beginning to consume more of my time. Facebook started as a networking device for college students and spread across the nation school by school. Now facebookers don't have to be college students because there are now different networks that people can join. There are schools, companies and regional networks that people can join on facebook. Facebook is really cool because you don't have to set your page to private so that random stalkers can't see it. There are already privacy settings by networks and then you can also personalize your privacy settings to what you want. Facebook is a great way of networking with other college students and that is another reason why I like it because I wont get random messages from people across the country saying "I like your page, you seem cool.. I want to get to know you." I'm cool off that, and I'm cool off MySpace so I encourage everyone to get a facebook. It'll be the best move you'd make for the year, I promise.

1 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're even cooler, now. You have a blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home