Girlfriends: My Favorite
Tuesday's class presentations was Sex in the City and The Source Hip-Hop magazine. So I figure I would combine the 2 and come up with my blog for the day. Combining high fashion and living in the city with urban culture I came up with Girlfriends. Girlfriends happens to be my all time favorite show. Other shows come close but none tie in my eyes. This years union of The WB and UPN to create CW disappointed me being that I had to see many Black shows that I watched leave the television screen. One of the few to withhold the union is Girlfriends. The show is about 4 women Joan the lawyer, Toni the real estate broker, Mya the secretary gone author, and Lynn who is normally jobless freeloader. It is a sitcom that follows their late twenty-something attractive Los Angeles lives of work, pleasure, and friendship. The four of them who are for the most part successful educated black women, can usually afford the finer things in life like the Manolo Blahniks shoes and the high fashion clothing that keeps a single woman in LA fabulous.This season is the shows seventh season and possibly its lasts. With all the plot changes and growing of characters it may be time to see it go. Part of me is stubborn because I want to keep my favorite show, but it may be better to see it go out well than poorly. Besides that this season the show took a twist with Jill Marie Jones, who plays the character Toni, leaving the show. Now it follows the life of the three left standing girlfriends, hopefully without her the show will continue to triumph.

1 Comments:
Has that show really been on for seven years? Wow. I like it, too, but I never really knew when it was on "for real," or whether I was watching a re-run. They kept moving it around. Too bad; it is a good show, and I like how you compared it to Sex and the City -- and the hip-hop presentation.
Post a Comment
<< Home