Monday, November 27, 2006

Tis the season...

I think Oprah started off the Christmas holiday right by choosing to do her "Favorite Giveaway Ever!!" the Monday after Thanksgiving. She may have gotten everyone in the holiday spirit after that one. Coincidently my group just did our presentation on Oprah Winfrey about a week and a half ago and how Oprah effects media and society, and this episode just adds icing on the cake. Monday's episode was her "Favorite Giveaway Ever!" where she gave each audience member a $1000 Bank of America Giftcard and a Handycam and told them to use the money to effect a stranger's life and the camera to record their good deeds. The audience members made up some creative ways to help others. It was truly touching. It's great because on the show thanks to the Handycams you could actually see the effect they were having on people, no story relayed back on the show, we actually got to see how people were living before and their suprise of being helped out by a total stranger. I get so sappy when I watch stuff like this, I felt like I was watching an episode of Extreme Makeover Home Edition (I cry everytime I watch that show) and this episode of Oprah got me so tearyeyed. There were some truly toching stories, but me telling about them doesn't do it justice. Check out the site: Oprah's Favorite Giveaway Ever - The Results! I absolutely loved this episode. Although I've heard negative about Oprah such that she has an attitude or can be a bitch sometimes, you can't say that she doesn't positively effect the world. She really is a miracle worker and this episode proves it.

1 Comments:

At 1:56 AM, Blogger Dina Baslan said...

Monique you have no idea how much my aunt and I cry while watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition. Ty is an Angel, thats for sure. So is Oprah. As much as we found ways in which she has helped the society, she still continues on and on.
That truly is a miracle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home