Tuesday, September 05, 2006

music

One of my favorite hobbies is listening to music. I love anything that sounds good to me. I especially love listening to Kanye West, Common, John Legend, Alicia Keys, and India Arie. I would gladly buy any of their albums because I know exactly what I'm getting, Quality Music. Or at least quality music by my standards. But other artists, I'm not so sure. I think that people download music illegally because they are unsure about the artist. I'm sure if people knew that they would like at least 3 songs off of an album they would go buy it. But since it really isn't worth spending roughly $15 on a CD that they are unsure about, free downloading is the way to go. But nowadays it's like there is no excuse for downloading illegally, programs like iTunes make buying singles easy for music fans. But unfortunately the invention of Napster has made it hard to eliminate new p2p programs popping up. Everytime one shuts down, it seems like another becomes extremely popular. So unfortunately it seems like illegal downloading will be a very hard thing to get rid of. The best thing that artists can do is either make sure that their albums are really good so that they sell, or expand themselves beyond music making. Maybe they should learn about the marketing myopia (where companies limit their markets narrowly) and realize that they are not just musicians but entertainers and do more than just music, or else they will get lost in the dust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home