Women Exploitation
Sex is everywhere nowadays because it sells. But are men really the only ones buying it? I just recently moved into my apartment and my walls are very bland so I was thinking of a cheap way to fill up some blank wall space. I came up with the idea of creating a "Sexy Man Wall," where I pin up pictures of hot guys that I find from magazines. It was a difficult task. I went to our bookstore, where they have a good collection of different magazines, and I didn't find much of what I was looking for. However I did find at least five different magazines full of half naked women, but the only magazine that had any pictures exploiting males was a gay magazine called Coming Out. Even the magazines that are intended for female readers have more pictures of sexy women in them than of sexy men. My intention was to have some fun with this little project, but now I have stumbled across this enormous double standard of explotation. Women are exploited almost everywhere not only magazines, but in video games and music videos just to name a few. I rarely see males exploited. Which leaves me wondering, why is it so difficult to find magazines in which women exploit men, but so easy to find magazines with men exploiting women?

1 Comments:
The Media's view on women is that they're looking for ways to make themselves as beautiful as the people in their magazines, movies, music video's etc. And their view on men is that they don't really care about making themselves more attractive they only care about beautiful women. Also women either straight or lesbian look more at other women than at men because we identify or want to identify with them. Take magazine's for example women look at them to view the latest fashion trends or how to have the perfect make up style. We can't view those things on men (Although that would be a good laugh). This is the normal exploitation and the one that's actually a bit ethical. When it comes to dirty magazine's, movies, and music video's howing girls crotches then that's all a different story. And one that I won't touch on because it pisses me off.
Post a Comment
<< Home